Pyongyang, Dec 27 (IANS) North Korea Saturday rejected the US accusation that Pyongyang was involved in a cyber attack on Sony Pictures Entertainment.
The US groundlessly linked the unheard-of hacking at the Sony Pictures Entertainment to North Korea, a National Defence Commission spokesman said in a statement.
Reiterating that North Korea has nothing to do with the hacking attacks against Sony Pictures, the spokesman urged the US to conduct a joint investigation with Pyongyang.
“If the US insists that the hacking attack was made by the DPRK, then it should produce evidence without fail,” the spokesman said.
According to the statement, Sony Pictures’ new movie “The Interview” is an illegal, dishonest and reactionary film quite contrary to the UN Charter which regards respect for sovereignty, non-interference in internal affairs and protection of human rights as a legal keynote, and international laws.
The US-based Sony Pictures Entertainment was cyber-attacked in November, which caused huge damage to the underlying system of the corporate and prompted the company to cancel the Christmas Day release of the comedy movie which depicts an assassination attempt on North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un.
The US Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) last week said North Korea was responsible for the Sony Pictures hacking, without revealing evidence because of the “protection of sensitive sources”.