London, Jan 7 (IANS) It’s the start of 2014 so make your body feel better by following simple diet changes. From detaching yourself from tea or coffee to drinking plenty of water one can try a few things to achieve that glow on your face.
According to nutritionist Ilona Wesle, detoxing has many benefits. It can enhance your energy levels, aid weight loss, clear the skin and improve digestion, reports femalefirst.co.uk.
Here are tips to make you healthy:
* Avoid black tea, coffee and alcohol. Instead drink herbal tea, for example nettle is great at supporting the kidneys.
* Drink at least 1 liter of water per day. Keep a bottle by your desk and sip regularly.
* Drink fresh juices, for instance carrot, beetroot, apple and cucumber as they are fantastically nourishing and cleansing.
* Avoid processed foods for instance ready meals, savoury snacks and biscuits. Instead eat food in its natural state. Cook it by steaming, lightly boiling or poaching – this way you will keep most of the goodness in the food (and retain the full flavour).
* Choose organic food in order to minimise your intake of toxic pesticides. Even if you can’t make every item organic, do the best you can – it will make a difference.
* Eat at least five portions of fruit and vegetables per day. At lunchtime and for dinner, aim to cover at least 60 percent of your plate with vegetables and eat as much variety as possible.
* Reduce your consumption of animal products. Avoid dairy and replace milk with soya or nut milks. Lentils, beans, quinoa, seeds and nuts are good protein alternatives.