Manama, Dec 29 (IANS) An Indian who was badly hurt a couple of weeks ago in a fire in Bahrain’s Buri, near capital Manama, has died in hospital, a media report said Monday.
The 51-year-old man was admitted to Salmaniya Medical Complex’s intensive care unit Dec 13, the Gulf Daily News reported.
He was suffering from smoke inhalation and had burns over 85 percent of his body from the fire that broke out in his flat, reportedly due to a short circuit.
The man was originally from Punjab and came to Bahrain 10 years ago.
His body will be repatriated to India after the completion of formalities.